Friday, October 15, 2010

How beautiful?


Music

It was music that brought me to him. One's said that music is way to tell others how we feel. I would say it is true. I remembered the event like it was yesterday. I was walking late in school that day because I had extra assignment to work on. The sky was overcast and appeared like blokched patches of white and grey. Soon, the wind was blowing with greater force and trees were slamming their branches against each other. As I looked up toward the dark sky, a soft patter of raindrops fell on my skin. Before I know it was raining cats and dogs, I quickly ran to find shelter to keep it out of the rain.

" I'm going to be late at home today". I said to myself. I knew that my parent would be mad with rage if I did not come out with a good reason for my delayed. I was so deep in thought when a sound broke my trance. It was a piano. curious by it, i walked and followed the sound I heard. The sound was coming from the music room and the piece was getting clearer as i was getting close to it. I peeked through the door and what I saw left me dumfounded. There, ath the piano was a boy around my age hitting the keynote as he was a true musician. What strucked me was his expression. Never I have seen a musician so deep in his or her world.

My feet were moving on their own accorded. I had never realised that I was walking towards him until he stopped hitting the keynote on the piano. The music stopped and I was instantly brought back to reality. His brown eyes look into mine without expression on his face. Blood rushed to my face. I felt so abashed that I keep hoping that the floor would open up and swallow me. I wanted to run but, my feet were glued to the floor. Without a word, the boy ignored me and continued playing the piece. I recognised the music. It was 'the moonlight sonata' by Beethoven. Somehow, the music sounded sad bereaved. An unknown forced knocked me into tears. This boy was crying his heart out through his music.

After that incident, I constantly found myself in the same music room and at the same time as before. I would spend most my evening here listen to the boy's playing. The musi was soothing my nerve. A pleasant sound to my ears. Sometimes the boy would look towards and played a merry sound. At that moment, it was like he was saying 'be my friend, will you?' My eyes lit up at the recognisation. I have learnt many thing from him.He expressed his rage, content and anguished through his music. there is no need for words in our friendship. The music was the thread between us. It connected us through our souls.

Soon, I came to take pleasure in music. He wanted to teach me to play a song with the piano, eventhough I was not born to play a music instrument. The sun was shining brightly in a clear blue sky that particular day. I went to the music room as usual to meet him but, my heart crashed into million pieces as he was not there, I tried to calm myself but, somehow, I sensed something was not right. I felt a wave of relief when the music door was opened but instantly died at the moment when a woman with two men entered. They talked for a while and the two men were trying to take the piano away.

I screamed in terror and tried to stop them but what a girl could do against to men. It turned out that the women is the boy's mother. The truth is always hurt, isn't it? Teddy, the boy's name, had to leave the country and further his treatment on his voice box. According to Teddy's mother, Teddy had been in trauma that kept him from talking. She thanked me for Teddy finally agreed to accept the treatment in Germany after he be friend with me. And, that was the last time I saw and heard Teddy's music. Eventhough, we are at distance but, our friendship will always be there as the music keep playing in the air. Who knows, I might see him again in that music room because there is no goodbye in our meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment